Saturday, October 1, 2011

September Goals Result

Before listing my goals for the next month (October) let's take a look back at how I did this month in terms of meeting the goals I set.

Last month, I said I wanted to do the following tasks:

- Comment on 2-3 blogs per day (at least 1 being investing related).
Commenting was one of the hardest things for me to do this past month. On average, I probably did 4-5 posts per week. I failed to meet this goal.
- Join another marketing online forum for backlinks.
I did manage to join another forum, although I have not been able to start actively posting yet due to time constrains.
- Post at least 3 times a week on Digital Point forums.
I'd say my average here was once a week, not three. I failed here, but commenting and posting are generally the last things on my list in terms of importance.
- Write 3 articles for content revenue sharing sites.
This WAS accomplished! I posted a review of Ghostbloggers.net on Wizzley that has been doing pretty well in terms of daily views, as well as publishing a Squidoo lens, and a Hubpage.
- Write a test blog article for the new Ghost Writer site.
This was accomplished, and I started another article as well.
- Write a product review for my niche site #2.
This was completed and I started seeing some traffic trickle in as a result.
- Finish designing my niche site #3.
This was done and I am ready to start creating and posting content to drive traffic.
- Do another round of article marketing for niche site #2.
I completed this towards the end of the month. I know have four articles to submit to various directories and referral sites.
- Find 3 more quality wholesale goods suppliers.
While slow at first, towards the end of the month I made some major breakthroughs entering into relationships with wholesalers. This will be instrumental in growing my business.
- Go to one used book sale.
Didn't get around to doing this, unfortunately. I really should be making time for these things.
- Buy a quality site on Flippa.com.
Failed here, but not for lack of trying. I was a competitive bidder on a number of sites, but ultimately didn't win out the auctions. I am not disappointed here because making this kind of investment shouldn't be pressured.
- Write 2 blog posts a week for Value Digger Investor.
I've been averaging about 1.5 posts per week. Not exactly what I wanted, but close enough.
- Invest in one more stock for my Value Digger Investor portfolio.
I did make some investments this month!
- Research and discover new money making opportunities!
I uncovered some great new ideas, one of which was self-publishing ebooks. I hope to start putting this idea into action next month.

Overall, I am pleased with my progress this past month. I didn't accomplish exactly everything I set out to do, but a main reason for this was that I got sidetracked with different projects. While having goals is important, being flexible also vital. The key is to keep on track with your goals AND leave some room for flex.

I will post my goals for the next month shortly, but I expect to take some lessons learned to heart. 1) Commenting in forums and on blogs looks far easier than it is. 2) Having different projects going on at the same time can be distracting at times, but also prevents "burn-out". 3) ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS keep looking for new opportunities. Do not get overly attached to one entrepreneurial endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment